Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas Miracle



My jade plant is blooming. A rose in December may be possible in England, but it stands the same chances in northern Pennsylvania as a snowball in hell. And here, even less likely--the indoor blooming jade plant. This thing is almost 5 feet tall and probably outweighs me, which explains why it has not left its south-facing window in years. It was started by a cat, now deceased, who, during her kitten rampages around the house, took a cutting from the plant of my friend, now deceased. Happy New Year, friends and pets on both sides of the great divide.


3 comments:

  1. I think I see a Holy visage in the glass? no?
    Nice. Best to you in 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My jade has never blossomed, south facing Alberta window and all. Huh.

    Miss your house

    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, wish you and your brood were coming down with the Mumsy in a few days!

    ReplyDelete